Baby Care Rooms
If you see a Baby Care Room symbol it means the room has been accredited by the Australian Breastfeeding Association. The following list of rooms around Tasmania have met these minimum standards, the room:
- is convenient, quiet, private and comfortable to feed
- is clean and safe to change nappies
- has hot and cold water and waste disposal
- is smoke free
As well as many accredited Baby Care Rooms around Tasmania, there are also some three star and five star rooms with extra features. These may include:
- public phone
- TV, video, toys or a secure play area for children
- high chair
- drinking water, tea and coffee facilities
- kettle or microwave
- toddler toilet
- easy pram access
If you have any concerns regarding standards and/or suggestions for new Baby Care rooms please contact Helen by email or phone: 03 6278 3598.
For a List of Baby Care Rooms in your area click here.